Monday, June 1, 2009

Repossessed


Jenkins, A. M. Repossessed. New York, NY: HarperTeen, 2007.

Kiriel, fallen angel and tormentor of souls in Hell, seizes the chance to be human when he takes over the body of a 17-year-old boy.

I’d been watching a number of teens, trying to decide whose body I would choose. The decision was easy when Shaun started to step off the curb in front of that cement mixer. He didn’t see it coming. Bang. I’m in. Bye, bye. Shaun’s gone.

Shaun’s mom is kind. His brother Jason is special. Taking a bath. Wonderful. Smiling. Cool. Cherry tomatoes. Not worth the effort. I hope I have sex.

I had no idea how amazing it is to be human. Now I only have a short time to experience all I can before the Creator discovers me and I am Repossessed.

Awards

Michael L. Printz Honor Book ; New York Public Library Books for the Teen Age; International Reading Association/Children’s Book Council Young Adults’ Choice ; American Library Association Best of the Best Books for Young Adults.

Jacket art © 2007 by Will Staehle. Jacket design by Will Staehle and Jennifer Heuer. Scanned May 31, 2009.

Jenkins, A.M. Repossessed. New York, NY: HarperTeen, 2007. 978-0-06-083568-2. $15.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment